Thursday 24 April 2014

Book & Magazine Research

I've already mentioned that for the practical part of my Context of Practice work I'm designing a high class book or magazine that showcases my own essay, as well other academic works that fit the genre. I'll be looking at articles from the likes of Joesph MeĆ¼ller-Brockmann, Tschifold, Vignelli etc.

I'm showing some pieces of inspiration that emulate a similar kind of style to what I'm after:







Keeping your brand/company identity well designed and consistent is important in attracting attention. Why not try using a specific designed folder or portfolio?

I like how the book layout is designed like it was one page versus being viewed as two individual pages. ie. the "v" overlaps onto both sides. (strategy097 by fscarballo, via Flickr)Really like the portraits printed like this, would work well with Bamm info nicely tucked on the other side

Portfolio Book Vol.2 - A4 InDesign template by ~anderworks on deviantART


NEW HOPE ANNUAL REPORT 2012 by Marty Portier, via Behance

susann stefanizen  Cover designs program book  Semperoper Dresden  with and for Fons Hickmann m23

Datamatics book by Japanese electronic composer and visual artist Ryoji Ikeda who orchestrates sound, visuals, materials, physical phenomena and mathematics into immersive live performances and installations.

No comments:

Post a Comment