Friday 15 May 2015

COP - Making the Publication

There were a lot of parts to putting together this publication, from the printing, cropping, binding etc. Here's a few photographs of certain parts of my process and how I went about doing them:


I've learned the importance of always remembering to print colour bars, crop marks, and registration marks. It makes for much easier assembling at a later stage.





I used a long folded spare sheet to wrap around each individual spread before using the bone fold to get precise folds, this essentially stops the publication getting marked or shiny from the folding process.



I fashioned myself a make-shift 'horse', so that I could properly poke holes in the pages.


Binding was a long and tedious process, but with patience it came out pretty well in the end, and serves the versatile function of separating the sections of the book which was my original intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment