Monday 4 January 2016

Interviews

Due to the nature of my investigation, it was always going to be important for me to collect a variety of qualitative and quantitive research; statistics and figures collection have been a vital part of my research methodology, but qualitative opinions and discussions I feel are as important. So as well as my questionnaire that I sent out, I've also conducted a couple of interviews with peers and senior tutors to better ground my own opinions on the matters in hand.

Firstly I have two audio interviews: The first with Tutor John Watters, and the second with peers George Boreham & Kieran Walsh.

Follow the link below to see the two mentioned interviews, it's in a shared Google Drive folder where anyone from Leeds College of Art can view:


Finally I have an audio & visual interview that I've uploaded to my academic YouTube channel. It starts with a run through of parts of my dissertation, then moves on to a formative conversation where myself and peer James Horrocks discuss the themes I've raised.



This type of interview style qualitative research has been exceptionally valuable. While I think it's vitally important to have a decisive dissertation that explicitly outlines my focus, I think we often take for granted how much further we investigate conversationally, in the company of like minded individuals. My essay will finish between 6,000 & 9,000 words, and while that's important, I know for sure that through talking with peers, tutors, friends, family etc. that I'll have spoken a lot more than that figure. It's been an essential part of my methodology, and I'll certainly look to develop this research technique in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment