Wednesday 12 March 2014

Breakfast of Champions Movie Poster


We've been set a new brief, every individual on the course has been paired with a film with Bruce Willis in the cast. Mine was: Breakfast of Champions. Not a very good film, but I took this as a good point. The reason being that we each have to come up with a 2 colour screen printed movie poster, and seen as though it's a poor film, there's virtually no hype around it all, so there's no online competition for my film. Films that Willis has starred in such as Die Hard and Pulp Fiction would be difficult, as there's so many unofficial movie posters out there for them already.

Anyway, I started by watching my film, and from that I picked up that one of the main themes of the plot is suicide and depression. I want to focus on this point. It's interesting as the poster that was released with the film suggests nothing of the nature of the film at all. Fairly mis-leading, however this is potentially irrelevant anyway as the style of poster I'll be designing will differ from this massively, high spec photographs are a massive no, the only way I'll be able to reproduce any kind of definition is through half-tone dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment