Tuesday 4 February 2014

Gordon's


I had to blog about this photo I snapped of Gordon's Gin. I've blogged a lot about the branding of alcoholic drinks and the importance of typography and art direction when it comes to selling them. Gordon's is an excellent example of this practice:

Redesigned by Design Bridge, this is one of my favourite logos when it comes to spirits, the script style type is quintessentially British along with the gin itself. It's similar looking to types like Edwardian style. I've also posted images of earlier styles of the bottles, which I also like. I think the rebrand however is more sleek, not overly ornate like the originals are. It keeps up with that sense of heritage and tradition, yet still looks effortlessly modern. A great design, and a great example of popular uses of serif Typography in culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment